My Opinion

As soon as I switched on my phone this morning, I wanted to jump for joy. Parasite’s Oscars are well-deserved. A weird, risky and meaningful, although equally entertaining film. Today’s blog post would be unusually easy to write. 

The purpose of this journal is to look for that spark that’s so hard to find on a day to day basis. Good pieces of news don’t fall into our hands. And when I was about to enjoy writing why this Oscar is unusually fair, I realised that this planet was already crowded with people who’d explained it more eloquently than I could do.  

At first, I felt sad. As the day grew on, a bit desperate. What the hell am I going to write about then? By the early evening, when I’m typing this, I’ve already accepted that my opinion is quite trifling. The lightness comes with an unexpected pleasure: isn’t this collective joy superb?

Comments

Popular Posts